Sunday, September 20, 2009

know your enemy

Good Evening Firearms Enthusiasts:

This is a first for me and, thanks to my wife who is far more capable with the "computer literacy" syndrome, I now have a place to put down some thoughts. However, I will need guidance from some of you as to what to do to accomplish some of the computer things that will need to be done. Please bear with me on that score. The truth be known, I do not even know where this note will go once I "send" it, so you can have an idea from that level just how far advanced I am on the technical side.
With the above caveat I say "Hi" to all and hope we can establish some kind of effective opposition to the clarion call of "more gun control." The best analogy I can think of with those people is the function of the traffic light. What does it do? The only thing it can do, and that is to allow a somewhat orderly flow of traffic through a given intersection which, if it works, pleases all concerned. However, now we have a "new" approach from the "more advanced thinking": --"If it works that well with only one traffic light there, why not have one every ten feet? Boy, that will really take care of any traffic problems." A stupid concept, but one that fits the "anti-gun" mentality.
On that note I would like to put forth one other (what I feel extremely important reality for firearms enthusiasts). From now on, everyone involved in the sport (at all levels and within all disciplines) should only use the term "firearms enthusiast." This does away with the subliminal reaction of many to whom the word "gun" conveys all kinds of horrible concepts, real and/or imagined. An opinion, but one that I have found in my experiences to be relatively effective in avoiding that instant negative response.
On that note I will leave this for now and await comments. All the best to all.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Bill, on your new web presence. Always good to have another voice out here. If there is anything I can do to help you out in any way (I've been at this a while; long enough to pick up a few tricks), please do not hesitate to contact me at admin@gunownersresource.com and ask away.

    Cheers,
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete